What is RFID and why do we use it?
RFID is an acronym for “radio-frequency identification” and refers to a technology whereby digital data encoded in RFID tags or smart labels are captured by a reader via radio waves. RFID is similar to barcoding in that data from a tag or label are captured by a device that stores the data in a database. RFID, however, has several advantages over systems that use barcode asset tracking software. The most notable is that RFID tag data can be read outside the line-of-sight, whereas barcodes must be aligned with an optical scanner.
Orchid Laundry and group of companies use UHF RFID technology for the identification of linen and the ability to track and trace Linens / garments throughout the production line and even en route to and from the customer is part of the organization effective Linen Management.
- It is one of the best RFID tags in the market to be used
- ISO 18000-6C
- Encapsulated chip, epox
- Antenna: Multi threads, woven , stainless steel
- Fabric Label: Polyester
- Maximum Temperature Exposure: 200 deg C
- Data Rentention: 50 years
- Warranty: 200 cycles or 3 years
Advatanges of RFID Technology
- Cost saving
- Shown frequency of washes carried out
- Greatly increase accuracy and timely billing summary
- The RFID system giving real-time inventory reporting and management
- Tracking of items movement between
- Reduce manual counting of items
- Minimize human error
- Enable pairing of garments to end users’ level
- Items’ owner taking up greater responsibility
- Frequent and proper laundry or drycleaning services ensure stains, dirt and soil are removed to prevent fiber abrasions and damage to clothing
- Do not trust all washing labels.
- Most tags are mass produced and sewn on in bulk and some garment manufacturers do not pre-wash their fabrics to prevent any further shrinkage.
- Do not store your garment in plastic.
- It only prevents dust. Unless you leave your air-con on 24/7, chances are your garment will smell musky, change colour, or develop mould over time. Our climate does nothing to help and leaving things covered will only speed up the process. It is best to store it your wardrobe, and air it every alternate week.